It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sure has been dead in here!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:14 am 

I've been checking in once in a while but nothing new going on! Damn, the last posting before this one was over a year ago!
Yup, I'm still building boats! Thought I'd get out of nitro but they caught my attention again so more of them sitting in the shop. Two more gas boats and one repainted.
I got into the outrigger hydro thing so I've got 2 of the JAE .12's, a JAE .21 and now the Zippkit's gas rigger. Got an old .12-.18 motor sitting around from RC cars and trucks? Drop it into a little Zippkits JAE .12 and hang onto your ass! JAE stands for Jack-Ass Engineering BTW.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Sure has been dead in here!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:04 pm 
MacGyver!

Thre aren't many around here much anymore. I check in every few days ( usually only to find that no one has posted!

That boat looks like fun, and I be it is fast. That would be fun to chase the neighbors ducks with in their little acre pond. Got a video of it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:34 pm 
Thats Mr Harvard Bob to you

Interesting looking boat you ahve there. Im with Kenny. I wanna see it in action.
And, welcome back by the way. I have a feeling as winter sets in we will have more traffic here but it is pretty dead these days.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:44 pm 

I tried to upload a shot of my repainted Cat earlier but it didn't take. The lime green looked good at first but oil stained it. That was only a temp paint job anyway so I sent it out for some bodywork like having the seams filled and bad spots on the steps fixed so I got it shot with a new color.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:23 am 
ya is dead everywhere, but here is sooooooo deserving, cause Jon and Yuck are in charge =; #-o and this place has suffered as a result......... :-({|=

Nice looking Boats tho. got any action vid yet???

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:52 am 

Yeah, I've got at least one of that boat but it was running like shit, the kid started messing with it. He's driving it here.........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC9GutOg-70
We were totally out-classed at this race as we had to race against 70 MPH 'riggers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:20 pm 

NICE! A bad day on the water is still better than a good day at work. That class did seem a little one sided. Thanks for posting and keep em coming!

WILDCHILD wrote:
ya is dead everywhere, but here is sooooooo deserving, cause Jon and Yuck are in charge =; #-o and this place has suffered as a result......... :-({|=

Be careful when you speak about ALL of us here deserving anything junior. If you feel it is so terrible here I can certainly arrange for you to go the way of your old man. He isn't welcome or wanted here anymore. You aren't too far from the same classification. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:33 pm 

They didn't have anough Cat's to fill the class so we got pumped in with all of the gas boats.
Next year I'll be ready for them! Sitting on the table now is a JAE gas 'rigger with a rear-exhaust RCMK. I might get that tweaked on as I know the competition will be better next season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:39 pm 

I wonder how long it will be before someone starts doing fifth scale boats using the weed-whacker engines? :-k I think that'd be pretty sick to have the run time and size but in a boat.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:29 pm 
On probation

WILDCHILD wrote:

OK Jam. Thanks for chiming in there and being productive.

I really need to buy me a boat one of these days. I live right across the street from a really big pond. It's just shy of a lake lol.

-YUCK says:
"I dig lucky charms and I'm not a homo"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:32 pm 

jrc, you can build them any size that you want if somebody already hasn't made one.
I know one guy personally that makes some big-ass boats. There's been a 1/3 scale Miss Bud floating around somewhere with a 330cc Kaw for power.
We don't mess with weed wackers much any more, not enough HP and RPM in 'em. That Cat shown above has an RCMK in it, 5.2 HP at around 17,000 RPM. My other Cat has been tweaked on to kick that one's ass!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:10 am 

Oh I'm right certain of that. Hell if a guy has the money a lot of folks have the time to sell em materials. Myself included.
I guess I was referring to mainstream RC and being able to buy a Ready To Float boat with a weed-whacker engine. I know the people who are really IN to boats likely build some sick shit that most people have never even thought of.

Be sure to take another vid when you get ready to take on that fast boat in the vid.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:24 am 
the man,the myth,the legend

Well this threw up a spark! Just needed something new. I keep looking into boats and never follow up :lol:

http://www.wnyrcinfo.com/tsig.htm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:37 am 

tana wrote:
Well this threw up a spark! Just needed something new. I keep looking into boats and never follow up :lol:

Just keep you trigger finger loosened up Tana. :-#

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:38 am 

I know of maybe a couple of guys in your neighborhood but I'd need a map to find out. One in Frankfort and the other in Baldwinsville. The Zippkits dude is in Frankfort, the one who cuts the rigger kits among other ones. These are great little projects for when you're up to your ass in snow. www.zippkits.com .

A lot of the RC sites that throw in a boat forum maybe as an afterthought are slower than shit. What's cool about one or two of the Zippkits boats are that if you have a .12-.28 motor laying around from a RC 4-wheeler then it can be tossed into those kits and make to haul ass on the water.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:25 pm 
On probation

It's not even funny how fast the jae 21 is going in the vid on that page. Holy crap.

I think i would be best suited for somethin electric. any suggestions? Im kinda lookin at the traxxas blast. I mean for 137 bucks, i can decide whether or not boats are for me and not empty my wallet.

-YUCK says:
"I dig lucky charms and I'm not a homo"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:33 pm 
MacGyver!

jrc6805 wrote:
I wonder how long it will be before someone starts doing fifth scale boats using the weed-whacker engines? :-k I think that'd be pretty sick to have the run time and size but in a boat.

Go buy it already. :whistle:
http://www.ldhobbies.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=32&zenid=kr9le6j7n7c0conup7hsgm0a74

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:34 pm 
MacGyver!

and if that won't work for you....

http://www.proboatmodels.com/Products/TechnicalSpecs.aspx?ProdID=PRB2350

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:46 pm 

:shock: Dig it! IF my work was as solid now as it was this time a couple years ago I'd have one.

So are you back to Advanex now Kenny? What happened to bein a preacher?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:25 pm 

I'm not really a fan of Traxxas boats but they do have a new Fast Electric boat that's just that, FAST! The sucker is like $400.00 though.
Boats just aren't for everyone as you need support equipment like a retrieve boat to go out and get it when it dies, flips or gets hung up in weeds. We don't swim after dead boats, too many people have drowned trying that stunt! This year we lost a father and son who when dad went out, went under then junior followed to save dad to only drown himself. This part we take seriously. Too many have drowned that were supposedly good swimmers.
A forewarning. RTR boats just like RTR cars, trucks, truggies, buggies, planes etc. aren't perfect, each one probably will have some flaws somewhere. I've seen a lot of prospective new boaters toss their new toy on eBay to unload it simply because they didn't know what they were doing. Yeah, it may look cooler than shit on the shelf at the LHS or online but when they get it, they're really disappointed as they're clueless.
If you see something that you like, hit me up in here or even better with a PM and I'll give you my honest 2 cents. I'm known for not bullshitting people.

What you probably saw on there was Martin Truex Jr's. (yes, the NASCAR racer!) boat. Yes, he's really into toy boats! I sold him one a couple of years ago.

I'm not really into the electric boat scene. They lost me when they went brushless. I prefer the frustration of nitro and gas boats instead. ](*,) Call me a glutton for punishment.