It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The official BBB3 Thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:01 am 
Savage Terror

this is where we will be posting details about the upcoming Bash event, Keep it clean you guys,the official Bash trash talk thread is here viewtopic.php?f=24&t=10714

Last edited by Bad67Bird on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:23 am 
Savage Terror

now we are working on the details:
motels: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=10851&p=111748#p111748

prizes?1 door prize confirmedParma "Grave Digger Body"

shirts:Will have some custom made for the bash

banner? in the process

trophy events:
MT race 1st & 2nd
Buggie race 1st & 2nd

Monster Jam Event
Long Jump 1st & 2nd
High Jump

Award for "THE BEST PAINT JOB" 1st & 2nd
Last man standing
Bash Most Damage

also

Sponsers will be listed here
Addicted2rc is on board
BMI Hobbies/Rush rc is on board

XTM will be represented
3 others are pending

we have a crew working hard on it and will announce as we go so keep checking back.

Deadline for Cheaper Room rate is june 25th,deadline for entry fee is july1st order for shirts will go in after the holiday.thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:39 am 
Thats Mr Harvard Bob to you

Over the weekend I spoke with Gary at Addicted2RC.com.

Gary has graciously agreed to donate some prizes for our events as they are announced. He has claimed to be able to appear on Saturday of the bash to join in and perhaps give some more stuff away.
Also invited but not yet confirmed is Jamie, the owner of FastLaneMachines. Hopefully these guys will come out and enjoy the day with us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:08 am 
I play with rocks

fastlane=cool

I have their 1/8 scale buggy style bulkheads on the Maxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm 

Can't wait

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:39 pm 
Hey Look what i can do?

This is starting so sound kinda interesting. Still not sure If I'm gonna make it but I'm watching. You never know I might just then. . . I might just not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:41 pm 
I play with rocks

fmevans wrote:
This is starting so sound kinda interesting. Still not sure If I'm gonna make it but I'm watching. You never know I might just then. . . I might just not.

Yeah whatever.................................... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:05 pm 
Savage Terror

kool avatar bro, lets get rollin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:46 am 
Im A Big Kid Now!

Sweet, I'll haven FLM'd out Addicted Anno'd E-Maxx. Might even have somthing nitro to run.

I'll be interested in meeting the FLM guys, and shit... Giving a good handshake for the customer service that addicted provides.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:50 am 

KMN wrote:

I'll be interested in meeting the FLM guys, and shit... Giving a good handshake for the customer service that addicted provides.

I did that yesterday. I went over there and met with Jamie who got me lined out on a couple issues I had with my build. REAL nice guy. I will say that I sorta expected to see a lot larger of an operation though. I was surprised that his operation is all inside of an approximate two-stall garage area. MOst all of the parts were being made by a couple of girls operating the milling machines.

FLM is actually a different entity than Addicted2RC.com. Although they are friends, they do not work together or for each other. FLM makes the parts and sells them to whomever.
Addicted2RC is another OLHS who hopes to become a OneStopShop for all of our needs.....eventually.
But, yes, both guys are real nice fellas. Turns out Jamie is kind of a religeous fella who doesn't appreciate all kindsa foul language.
To my everlasting shame I didn't find this out until AFTER I had been there. #-o I can't remember if I should be ashamed or not.... :-k ](*,) #-o #-o

Post subject: Re: The official BBB3 Thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:42 pm 

HOTEL INFORMATION:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/hblmo?_requestid=118590&_requestid=118591

I stayed at this hotel last night. It is clean and friendly. A mere 15-20 minute drive to Swede's Farm where the bash will be held. There are ample fast food joints between the hotel and track area.
I have 18 rooms reserved for our weekend. But there is a catch! The Hotel Manager told me that their rates are going up drastically for the summer. And right soon I will add. She has graciously agreed to honor the current price (including the AAA discount I fanagled out of her) of $99.00 plus tax. But we MUST GUARANTEE the reservations with your own Credit Card before the end of April. She cannot hold the rooms with no CC reservation at that price for very long. So y'all must act quickly. They will not charge anything to your credit card until check out time. At which you can pay cash if you want. (Sorry no Canadian currency accepted :P :lol: ) The CC is only to guarantee the rate of $99. Otherwise it'll be more like $149 plus tax.
Yes, there are other hotels up there in the area. Yes, some are likely cheaper too. Some of the ones I saw were definitely in the class of "cheap hotel". But from what I saw yesterday, I am pleased and confident this hotel will be the best choice for us. Keep in mind all the other hotels are jacking their rates up also.
I have a friend who manages a Holiday Inn Express in StLouis. She hooked me up with the AAA discount for all the rooms. So, out of respect for her, I would like it if we could get our reservations in and let them take back the rooms we won't need.

Get busy folks, this bash is GONNA happen!

And for those of you who were thinking of camping, yes, you will "can" pitch a tent in Swede's pasture. Swede says the cows will most likely leave you alone but the one horse he has is horny most of the time so make sure the zipper is up on your tent. (Just kidding) He does have a pasture full of cows though. If you enjoy the fragrant aroma of cow manure have at it. But you should contact Swede on your own to set up camping arrangements. I am stayin out of that one.

Alas, I must make one other announcement regarding alcohol at the Farm. This is someone's home. Someone who doesn't appreciate the finer techniques of hardcore drunkedness all day long. that said, a concern has been raised about drunkedness and inappropriate behavior at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Swede. I have done my best to reassure them that we are not an unruly bunch. But I think they would just as soon we keep the drinkin to a minimum or better yet not at all. But I do not make the rules on the Farm. I hope Swede will take off on this subject and make he and his wife's position clear on the matter. I hope and believe this will not be an issue. We're all big boys and respectable people......okay at least most of us are. Quite simply, how would you expect all of us to act if we showed up at YOUR house in front of your family and grandkids.....?

We are going to have a great weekend fellas. The track site is great and all we need is right there close. I know it'll be hard for some but all we gotta do is act like we got some sense.

I neglected to tell the hotel that we were Banned RC/ Basher Haven. As of now the rooms are under my name. I will correct that and let y'all know who to ask for on Monday.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:35 pm 
Good Ole Country Boy

:beer: :cussing: :-$ Ok guys i think we have been here before but: As my wife would have it we would all drink water pepsi or tea. A hot summer (july) day with friends and havin fun, and lets face it anyone that makes the Bash is gonna put forth some effort. If a guy wants to kick back and have a few thats fine with me. Hell I might even get thirsty, I just want this to be remembered as a good time for all. There probably will be a few grankids around for a while. I believe we can do this and have a good time without getting to carried away. As a side note there will be some travel involved (to and from motel,etc.) and the local law severely frowns on the impaired, I KNOW!!

Thanks for listening.

Swede

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:32 am 

Thanks for posting that up Swede. Now we're all clear on the issue. I doubt there'll be any trouble over it.

Now all we need is more folks to sign up! The manager wasn't in yesterday so I couldn't arrange to have y'all call for the BBB3 discount at the hotel. I'll have it posted tonite for sure though.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:36 pm 
Savage Terror

bumping this up again,ok people lets show some banned pride and sign up for the bash,you get to meet "YUCK" in person and maybe,just maybe an appearance by the "HOBBIT". so sign up now,then go to the hotel thread to see how to reserve your room.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:49 pm 

For those of you traveling by air, we need to address the fuel issue. I don';t want this to turn into a debate about who makes the best fuel.
All we need to know right now is what kind of fuel is available near Palmyra.

I have access to fuel here in StLouis. Not sure exactly what all I can get. But Trinity and Byron's are popular at the closest shop to my house. Tell me what you want, and I'll try to get you a price on it. I will take the money you send me and buy the fuel for you and have it at the bash when and if you show up. No show, no refund. Period.
That said, if anyone has any contact/connection with someone who'd want to help sponsor our event by donating a case of fuel, we'd be all over that. I think if trinity would give us a couple gallons of 20 and a couple gallons of 30% we'd be in decent shape.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:33 am 

HI Guys'
I found out about this bash from Bad67Bird, he posted it over on a different site (GP)
Looks cool, well heres my questions
The $40.00 enterance fee per person, is that for everyone, cuz I'd want to bring my son, but he's not that good of a driver(LOL or am I) so he'd probably just play around,would I still have to pay the 40.00 or is it only if he enters the contests?
Could I pop a tent on Mr Swede's land? or sleep in my van?
Thanks
Rick

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:31 pm 
Savage Terror

71goat wrote:
HI Guys'
I found out about this bash from Bad67Bird, he posted it over on a different site (GP)
Looks cool, well heres my questions
The $40.00 enterance fee per person, is that for everyone, cuz I'd want to bring my son, but he's not that good of a driver(LOL or am I) so he'd probably just play around,would I still have to pay the 40.00 or is it only if he enters the contests?
Could I pop a tent on Mr Swede's land? or sleep in my van?
Thanks
Rick

ii dont think swede will have a problem popping a tent, several of us have discussed it before and he didnt have a problem with it.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:36 pm 

We have not really discussed how rigid the entry fee is. All I know is we came up with that number to help cover the cost of the porta potty, trophies, and shirts. I do know that the entry fee isn't based on how good a driver we are. Hell we'd all be screwed on that one. Especially me. Whatever bird decides is fine with me on the entry fee.
A couple of advisements: Our forum is NOT a family type forum. Hence these events aren't necessarily "family friendly". To mean there might be language and etc deemed inappropriate for children. Of course none of us are complete assholes, but just the same this isn't an event planned and executed for children under the age of about 15. Any children left unattended and out of control will be killed and eaten. Not necessarily in that order. Bring them at your, and their, own risk.

As for camping, yes, Swede says camping is fine. But I will also advise you that he has cows. And by-product of cows. The rooms are only about $100 if you act quickly. But suit yourself. I'm sure Swede will tell you where he;d have you pitch a tent or park your van. But glad to hear y'all are coming!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:22 pm 

Thanks for the reply's still have to figure if I can make it.
As long as there's not some one shooting up in the corner, LOL , other wise he's probably heard enough swearing at school, Ok and me

LOL , Nice hot, humid morning with the smell of cow poop Can't beat that

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:36 pm 
Savage Terror

goat you got pm at the pound